Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring has Sprung!


Spring has sprung...and so has a new blog and new blog design thanks to Penny Lane Blog Design! This is a picture of our favorite place in Texas. Peter and I have so many memories at his family's place in Castell, Texas, and spring is a favorite time to go. If you live in Texas, the Texas Hill country is a must in the Spring! Take a day or two and drive to the Hill Top Cafe in Fredericksburg, Coopers BBQ in Llano, or the Lavender festival in Blanco. Grab a girlfriend or your sweetie...just go. Check out this article in the March issue of Southern Living for some great suggestions on adventures through the Hill Country.

Spring also reminds me of how PERFECT our God is. His creation brings me to my knees and reminds me His timing is perfect. Last weekend I went walking down the dirt roads at the ranch. The tiniest green grasses were starting to peak up from the ground. Just like that, God decided to bring forth life. Just like that signs of beauty started springing from the dry land. He restores beauty, He restores life, He restores Joy...in His perfect time. If you are in a "winter" season and your soul feels dead and cold remember God will restore your Joy and He will will bring forth new life. Trust Him to bring you into Spring....

He always delivers. I know when we return to the ranch in few weeks the dry land with a few sprouts of green will look like this:


Just like He promises to bring forth life in dry land each year - He promise to deliver us from dead seasons if we remain faithful.
Is 40:6-8
A voice says "Cry!"
And I said, "What shall I cry?"
All flesh is grass,
and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
when the breath of the LORD blows on it;
surely the people are grass.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever.

3 comments:

  1. SO beautiful Jacky! We LOVE Coopers AND the Hill Top Cafe! ;-) That is our favorite part of Texas! :-) ANNNNDDDD WHAT A BEAUTIFUL new blog design! ;-) I love it! :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't beat a Texas Spring (all 2 days of it :)). Wishing I wasn't missing those bluebonnets bloom! Love you friend - thanks for the post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the new design...and of course your sweet words. I'm also a bit excited to be considered one of the "people you love." Miss you, Jax!

    ReplyDelete